EURELCO is an open, quadruple helix network that supports the required technological, legal, social, economic, environmental and organizational innovation with respect to Enhanced Landfill Mining. EURELCO has been active since 2013 and currently has more than 60 Members from 14 EU Member States. The 6th GA EURELCO meeting takes place on November 21, 2018 at the premises of the Flemish Public Waste Agency (OVAM) in Belgium. This General Assembly (GA) is organised the day after the 2nd ELFM Seminar in the European Parliament in Brussels. The agenda for the GA can be seen below. Registration (for EURELCO members) is now open. (GD, 24/10/2018)
Detailed EURELCO GA Agenda
|09.00||Welcome and introduction (Eddy Wille)|
|09.15||Feedback 2nd ELFM Seminar in the European Parliament – discussion and next steps (Peter Tom Jones)|
|10.00||Status quaestionis EURELCO – general overview (Peter Tom Jones)|
|11.05||Progress presentations EURELCO’s EU projects:
|12.05||Pitch presentations on new project ideas (Interreg programme, Horizon 2020 & Horizon Europe, EIT RawMaterials…) – 10 minutes per pitch (send in requests to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting – deadline: 13-11-2018)|
|12.55||Closing of meeting|
The 6th EURELCO General Assembly meeting takes place at the premises of the Flemish Public Waste Agency (OVAM) (Stationsstraat 110, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium), at a short distance of Mechelen railway station (15’ from the airport by train).
Registration (for EURELCO members only)
On-line registration obligatory through this URL link.
NOVOTEL MECHELEN CENTRUM, Van Beethovenstraat 1, 2800 MECHELEN – BELGIUM
For any questions or remarks, please contact: Dr. Peter Tom Jones (GC EURELCO) by email: email@example.com
EURELCO is an open, quadruple helix network that supports the required technological, legal, social, economic, environmental and organizational innovation with respect to Enhanced Landfill Mining within the context of a transition to a resource efficient, circular, low-carbon economy.
EURELCO is a network that:
- maps and shares information on the current level and future potential of Enhanced Landfill Mining (ELFM) projects and programmes in the EU’s Member States;
- further elaborates Enhanced Landfill Mining and integrates it with both traditional recycling/urban mining and other landfill mining concepts such as temporary storage places, bioreactors and sustainable landfilling;
- keeps track and stimulates the innovation in science and technology for exploration, excavation, separation/recovery and transformation/upcycling in view of improved resource utilisation efficiency;
- analyses national and EU Landfill and Waste/Materials Management legislation and develops policy guidelines for improved legislation frameworks (revised EU Waste Hierarchy) and economic incentives in line with the expected public benefits of ELFM;
- develops and applies scientifically based methods for evaluating ELFM in terms of social, environmental and economic impacts, from a local and regional to global perspective;
- develops and executes ELFM research, demonstration and coordination projects;
- disseminates the technological and non-technological features of ELFM to a diversity of audiences.
Visit our renewed website: https://eurelco.org/